EBRU YILDIZ SHOT THEM ALL

2013-05-10


mega mail found me at the INDIE office. the brooklyn based photographer ebru yildiz created a large-sized black & white zine together with art director and designer yeliz secerli. flicking through the energetic images you quickly find out that ebru shot them all – yeah yeah yeahs, pulp, the kills, liars, girls, warpaint, tv on the radio, the horrors, sonic youth, ratat, azealia banks...


what's your favourite club in new york at the moment?
definitely bowery ballroom. it is just the perfect place to see a show, it has great sound and a good vibe.

which band that you've photographed had the highest energy level on stage?

I am always amazed with the different qualities of each band's energy on stage. I guess it kind of changes according to your interpretation of that energy. for that reason, it is incredibly difficult for me to pick just one. I saw Nick Cave and the Bad Seeds recently for the first time, and I could not get over it for days. my mind was blown. but their energy is completely different than Iggy Pop's incredibly raw energy on stage, how he does is beyond my comprehension. and there is of course Thee Oh Sees. their live shows have some sort of madness to them that is unlike anything else I've experienced. Ty Segall's live shows are super high energy in their own way and Shilpa Ray has also different type of intensity and energy. her voice has that mesmerizing intense quality. and for sure, I can't really end this list without mentioning one of my favorite NYC bands – A Place To Bury Strangers. you literally feel their music and energy vibrate in your bones during their live shows!



what is the craziest thing that happened to you while a shoot?
just recently I was shooting this canadian band called Metz. people mosh like crazy during their live shows. I am not sure what happened exactly but I think the bass player hit himself with his bass and split open his forehead. it was unreal, I have never seen anyone bleed so profusely. his blood was gushing out all over the place. it definitely helped to make good photos, but when I got home, I realized my lens and camera had blood all over!  ah, also there is always the story of me breaking 3 front teeth and fracturing my upper jaw at a show! but let me leave it at that, cause it sounds better without the details.

Kommentar veröffentlichen

  © Blogger template Noblarum by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP